A pinch and a punch ... it's the end of the month!


A pinch and a punch ... it's the end of the month, and hopefully the end of winter too! I'm incredibly lucky because I've travelled all over the US and Canada and seen some wonderful gardens here in the last three months. So as I reach the end of my time here and get ready to travel to India to work once more on my hospital, I thought I'd post some of the art and statues I've seen during my garden visits - at least they (unlike me) remain in one place!


I spent a wonderful week in California last month, where spring had already arrived; I was lucky enough to go to North Carolina where I saw beautiful blue skies; then I travelled to Canada, where I saw butterflies like I've never seen before; and I even had a quick trip back home to England where I was able to enjoy the snowdrops.


I've spent a lot of time in Florida, where I've witnessed the ravages of unseasonably cold weather and the damage it's caused, but now finally the plants are coming back to life. But what my travels have really shown me is that climate change is becoming a stark reality - when I got caught in snow in Texas, I realised that the world is changing. We've all seen the way the weather's treated us in the last few months, so now we need to think about the future and how to help our planet.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my blog posts - there will be many more. If you want ideas for gardens to visit over the holidays and you live in Florida or near San Francisco, Toronto or Montreal, you might want to look at my US directory; and for English garden ideas you can also look at some I've seen on my travels. Happy Easter to you all!

Comments

  1. It is always so much fun and so inspiring to see other gardens - and you covered a lot of ground. I loved the praying mantis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting collection of sculptures, it sound like you had an enjoyable trip. I look forward to more pictures from India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those statues and sculptures! You are lucky to have traveled to so many gardens, and you seem to find the bright side of all of them, regardless of climate. And, now you're off to India? Wow! I feel more great photos coming on! Have a great trip! I do intend to take advantage of your Florida notes someday. I live so close to those gardens, but just don't seem to be able to muster up the strength or the time to make the trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, As always I enjoyed your post! I am sure you will post more about India plants, which I would expect to be as interesting and exotic as what you have shown us from all over the worlds.

    I am not sure if you ever got my message, and did you call me? I am sorry we can not meet this time, but I am sure we will when you come back to Florida someday.

    Take care.
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really has a been a long time since I visited the Berkeley Botanical Gardens...I honestly don't remember the rather imposing mantid...and I'm sure if it were there then, I couldn't have missed it! I must make time to go back. Looking forward to news from your trip to India.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a life that many of us envy. I appreciate that you share with us the beautiful gardens that you encounter in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These statues and sculptures are lovely. I especially like the wave garden...pretty contrast. You're so fortunate to travel the way you do...to experience so many various places and cultures. I'm looking forward to your posts of India. Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pics are always very cool and tell a nice story. jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me, for a moment, I thought the praying mantis was real! Best wishes for your trip to India and the work on your hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a pinch & a punch plus a kick and I agree with you - 3 months are gone just like that.

    Those maidenhair fern look so graciously delicate behind the figurine.
    Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I envy you your travels. But I feel blessed to be able to enjoy them vicariously, thank you. Have a safe journey back to India!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always a great blog. Are you able to keep us posted about stuff while you are in India?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful photos. The praying mantis was startlingly real. Like a Garden Godzilla for the unsuspecting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The praying mantis and the spotted hippos are fun, quirky touches. All of your posts on these gardens were enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing what your future travels turn up. Be safe, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just adore that praying mantis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shots from your trip and Thx for sharing. Its rather nice that you would be travelling to India again. Have a promising trip and Happy Easter to you n your family too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment