Just look at these posts - all new at Blotanical!

As some of you've noticed, I've spent the last five days visiting gardens in south Florida ... and I have to confess ... I'm gardened out! Not complaining though, because I love gardens, but I think I'd like to see some blue landscapes rather than green, so I'm picking up on Jodi's post from the end of last month and have spent the morning looking at some of the great new blogs on Blotanical, which not only gave me hours of pleasure but also gave me a technicolor look at life!
Jodi, AKA Blooming Writer is absolutely right - there are so many fabulous blogs out there and I wanted to draw your attention to some of the ones that I've been reading today that I think you might enjoy. Now please, please don't think that I'm listing these in any particular order (or if you're new to blogging) that I've left you out, but there are so many truly wonderful blogs flowering every day, it would be impossible to catch them all, so these are just a few suggestions. And I'm hoping that wherever you are (stuck in a blizzard or not) that you'll take the time to look at them too.

I'm amazed by the number of new UK bloggers since Christmas - they're flowering all over the place and it's great to see them. There's Edith Hope's Garden Journal, beautifully written and researched and you just want to read more ....; Paul Ridley's wonderful photographs at Hortus Photographica: A Collection of Images; The Idiot Gardener, where in their words: "ignorance meets horticulture head-on"; and Bringing your Garden out of the Shadows.

In the US too, there are some new Blotanists that will make you sit up and look! And as I said earlier, please, please, don't think I've left your blog out, but these are just a couple of new blogs that I'm hooked on! There's a feast of colours and beautiful pictures at Peace in the Valley; amazing images every day from Britt at The Photo Garden Bee; and wonderful reading and pictures from Kyna at Crystal Coast Gardener.

From further afield I'm just stunned by the colourful images posted by Ibrahim at The Flowers Market and the lovely new blog from Saif, AKA Hortist, both of whom are also new to Blotanical.

As it's hard to find images to post here, I've just interspersed my recommendations with some recent pictures from garden visits, but you'll find out where they are when I get back to reviewing. Hope you enjoy looking at some of these wonderful blogs, especially if you're three foot under the snow!

an exhibit at the Naples Botanical Garden

Comments

  1. Dear Charlotte, Thank you for the very generous mention. Some of the blogs you have highlighted are known to me, and enjoyed, whilst others are new and yet to be discovered. You are so right about the number of treats which are there to be had from all around the world. If only we all had more time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith - I just hope that everybody will take some time to look at some of the newer blogs - yours included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a post, and thanks for picking some blogs for us all to look at. With the number of blogs out there it's really become a question of time, and not lack of interest, if we (= I) don't do justice to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Charlotte, for supporting my blog! :) Means a lot to know that you enjoy reading my ramblings enough to let other people know about it :D. And you've listed a few blogs that I have yet to check out, and I'm going to head over and do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to check out these blogs, although I probably have about a hundred on my blog roll already!

    Love the new header photo, where did you take it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a problem Kyna - it's a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots of a wonderful place. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Charlotte, what a terrific post, and what a lot of blogs you've included. Isn't it amazing how many terrific new finds there are? I need a job where reading blogs could be my fulltime job, because I do get so much from it. Thank you so much for stepping up like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the mention. When you first start writing you never imagine that you will get many readers let alone anyone that feels compelled to mention you on their own blog. This to me is one of the highest compliments a blogger can receive. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
    Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Charlotte any ideas for finding another extra few hours a day?
    There are so many blogs to look at I find by the time I have flicked through my dashboard and missed most of them I haven't been getting time to even pop into Blotanical much at present. That's without spending time in the garden as it is too cold at present.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy...you've been busy.
    Will visit some of the sites you mentioned.
    Snowed in again...tonight might be a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlotte this is a great post! Your photographs are brilliant along with the lovely descriptions of your selected blogs. I know a few and look forward to checking out the others, for I so respect and admire your sense of quality! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Tiggerlot, for the shout-out on my blog. I'm glad you're a regular visitor. I'm new to this and still trying to figure things out, but it is fun! I too love visiting your blog and living vicariously through a world traveler. Those garden photos in this post are amazing! (I'm making a list of the ones near my home.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the links. I enjoy reading posts on plants and blooms ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Charlotte - what a great post, and I shall certainly check out the blogs you mention. Lovely images that you have posted here too
    K

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charlotte, you are always great in writing your posts and generous in supporting the new comers. Thanks for taking your time and words just to buck up we new bloggers as well blotanists. Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. aloha,

    fantastic post charlotte, i love alot of the new ones you have suggested, its soo fun to discover new corners of the world....thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very well written post Tiggerlot. Some of these new blogs are very impressive. Great to know you like the blog Hortist of my fellow countryman Saif.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, some new blogs to visit yay:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea .... I'll be popping along to have a look at some (or all) of them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment